Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Analytical Methods in Photoelectrochemical Treatment of Phenol
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Fundação para o Desenvolvimento da UNESP (FUNDUNESP)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- UNESP/Rio Claro: PRH-05
- The aim of the study was to propose a treatment of simulated wastewater containing phenol by photocatalytic and photolytic processes and analyze the toxicity of these phenolic solutions. Two treatment systems were performed with UV radiation, solid electrodes and electric potential. In the first system (S1) phenol concentration was determined by UV direct spectrophotometry (269 nm) and in the second (S2) by direct photometric method (4-aminoantipyrine). Toxicological tests were carried out using two microorganisms: Escherichia coli and Saccharomyces cerevisiae. S1 results showed that erroneous conclusions can be drawn by absorbance values increase at phenol peak. Nevertheless, direct photometric method was able to identify phenol reduction in S2 and the proposed treatments degraded phenol in solution. Also, in treatment using high energy ultraviolet radiation (UVC), the phenol degradation was mainly due to the photolytic process.
- Journal of The Brazilian Chemical Society. São Paulo: Soc Brasileira Quimica, v. 22, n. 9, p. 1758-1764, 2011.
- Soc Brasileira Quimica
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.