Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Cyanobacteria from coastal lagoons in southern Brazil: non-heterocytous filamentous organisms
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Fundação Zoobotânica do Rio Grande do Sul Museu de Ciências Naturais
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- CNPq: 307243/2006-0
- This study describes and illustrates non-heterocytous filamentous cyanobacteria found in lagoon systems on the coastal plains of Rio Grande do Sul State. Collections were carried out in different freshwater bodies along the eastern (Casamento Lake area) and western (Tapes City area) margins of the Patos Lagoon (UTM 461948-6595095 and 542910-6645535) using a plankton net (25 µm mesh) in pelagic and littoral zones as well as by squeezing submerged parts of aquatic macrophytes, during both the rainy and dry seasons, from May to December/2003. Twenty two species belonging to the families Phormidiaceae (eight taxa), Pseudanabaenaceae (seven taxa), Oscillatoriaceae (six taxa), and Spirulinaceae (one taxon) were identified. Among these species, five are reported for the first time from Rio Grande do Sul State: Leptolyngbya cebennensis, Microcoleus subtorulosus, Oscillatoria cf. anguina, O. curviceps and Phormidium formosum.
- Brazilian Journal of Botany. Sociedade Botânica de São Paulo, v. 35, n. 4, p. 325-338, 2012.
- Sociedade Botânica de São Paulo
- taxonomic survey
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.