Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Comparative morphology of the tongue in free-tailed bats (Chiroptera, Molossidae)
- Gregorin, Renato
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Descriptive and comparative studies on tongue of nineteen Molossidae, one Mystacinidae, and four Vespertilionidae bats species were carried out. Analysis was restricted to the external morphology, covering general shape of the tongue and its papillae. Types of papillae and their distribution presented considerable intergeneric variation, considering the strictly insectivorous feeding habits of these bats. Distribution of the data of tongue morphology is analyzed and compared with the phylogenetic schemes proposed previously and comments about evolutionary relationships among taxa were done.
- Iheringia. Série Zoologia. Fundação Zoobotânica do Rio Grande do Sul, v. 93, n. 2, p. 213-221, 2003.
- Fundação Zoobotânica do Rio Grande do Sul
- evolutionary relationships
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.