Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- On the identity of Pterodectes ralliculae Atyeo and Gaud, 1977 (Astigmata: Proctophyllodidae)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Fiocruz MS
- Russian Acad Sci
- Russian Foundation for Basic Research (RFBR)
- RFBR: 07-0400426a
- The feather mite Pterodectes ralliculae Atyeo and Gaud, 1977 (Proctophyllodidae: Pterodectinae) is the only proctophyllodid known from rallids (Gruiformes, Rallidae). Based on re-examination of the type material, this mite species is redescribed and transferred to the genus Montesauria Oudemans, 1905, Montesauria ralliculae (Atyeo and Gaud, 1977) comb. nov. This redescription brings details of structures missed in the original description: in both sexes, vertical setae ve are present, setae mG on genu II, gT on tibia II and wa on tarsi I and II are present; in males, the rudimentary epimeral sclerites rEpIIa are present and the female is illustrated for the first time. The transfer of P. ralliculae to Montesauria was also supported by the preliminary phylogenetic hypothesis recently proposed for the subfamily Pterodectinae.
- Journal of Natural History. Abingdon: Taylor & Francis Ltd, v. 44, n. 5-6, p. 369-377, 2010.
- Taylor & Francis Ltd
- feather mite
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.