Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- A new Hemigrammus Gill from upper rio Parana system, Southeastern Brazil (Characiformes : Characidae)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS)
- Hemigrammus parana is described from the upper rio Parana system, in the area of influence of the Ilha Solteira reservoir in states of Mato Grosso do Sul, Minas Gerais and São Paulo, southeastern Brazil. The new species differs from all congeners by the combination of the following characters: absence of humeral spot; presence of a roughly triangular or rectangular conspicuous black caudal spot, extending from base to tip of middle caudal-fin rays, its greatest depth at base of caudal-fin rays; and anal-fin rays iii-iv, 18-23.
- Zootaxa. Auckland: Magnolia Press, n. 1724, p. 52-60, 2008.
- Magnolia Press
- Neotropical region
- South America
- Rio Grande
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.