Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Immunolocalization of bone morphogenetic protein 2 during the early healing events after guided bone regeneration
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina (UFSC)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- FAPESP: 00/11085-7
- Objective. The objective of this study was to evaluate the immunolocalization of bone morphogenetic protein 2 (BMP-2) after autogenous block grafting covered or not with an e-PTFE membrane.Study Design. Forty-eight rats were divided into 2 groups, autogenous block graft (B) and autogenous block graft + e-PTFE membrane (MB), and were evaluated by immunohistochemistry at baseline and 3, 7, 14, 21, and 45 days.Results. The largest number of positive cells in the recipient bed was observed after 3 days in both groups. At the graft border, the largest number of positive cells was seen after 7 days in group B and after 14 days in group MB. The highest proportion of staining in the graft was observed after 3 days in group B and after 21 days in group MB.Conclusions. High proportions of stain were related to intense revascularization and osteogenesis. Except for the interface, BMP-2 staining occurred later in group MB than in group B in all structures analyzed. (Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol 2012;113:533-541)
- Oral Surgery Oral Medicine Oral Pathology Oral Radiology. New York: Elsevier B.V., v. 113, n. 4, p. 533-541, 2012.
- Elsevier B.V.
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.