Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Femtosecond laser ablation on dental hard tissues-Analysis of ablated profile near an interface using local effective intensity
- Paulista Univ UNIP
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- This study evaluated the process of ablation produced by a Ti:Sapphire femtosecond laser under different average powers taking place at the enamel/dentin interface. Based on the geometry of ablated microcavities the effective intensity for ablation was obtained. This study shows the validity for the local effective intensity analysis and allows a quantification of the variation in the ablation geometry taking place at the interface of two naturally different materials. It shows that the variation of the diameter of the ablated region as a function of the cavity depth comes essentially from a mechanism of effective intensity attenuation, as a result of a series of complex effects. Additionally, our data are sufficient to predict that a discontinuity on the ablation profile will occur on the interface between two biological media: enamel-dentin, showing a suddenly jump on the ablated cavity dimensions.
- Laser Physics. New York: Maik Nauka/interperiodica/springer, v. 21, n. 5, p. 965-971, 2011.
- Maik Nauka/interperiodica/springer
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.