Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- CP trajectory diagram - a tool for a pictorial representation of CP and matter effects in neutrino oscillations
- Tokyo Metropolitan Univ
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP)
- We introduce a CP trajectory diagram in bi-probability space as a powerful tool for a pictorial representation of the genuine CP and the matter effects in neutrino oscillations. The existence of correlated ambiguity in the B is uncovered. The principles of tuning the beam energy for a determination of CP-violating phase delta and the sign of Deltam(13)(2) given baseline distance are proposed to resolve the ambiguity and to maximize the CP-odd effect. We finally point out, quite contrary to what is usually believed, that the ambiguity may be resolved with similar to 50% chance in the super-JHF experiment despite its relatively short baseline of 300 km. (C) 2003 Elsevier B.V. B.V. All rights reserved.
- Nuclear Instruments & Methods In Physics Research Section A-accelerators Spectrometers Detectors and Associated Equipment. Amsterdam: Elsevier B.V., v. 503, n. 1-2, p. 218-221, 2003.
- Elsevier B.V.
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.