Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Loss of superfluidity in a Bose-Einstein condensate via forced resonant oscillations
- Adhikari, S. K.
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- We predict the loss of superfluidity in a Bose-Einstein condensate in an axially symmetric harmonic trap alone during resonant collective oscillations via a classical dynamical transition. The forced resonant oscillation can be initiated by (a) periodic modulation of the atomic scattering length with a frequency that equals twice the radial trapping frequency or multiples thereof, or by (b) periodic modulation of the radial trapping potential with a frequency that equals the radial trapping frequency or multiples thereof. Suggestion for future experiment is made. (C) 2003 Elsevier B.V. B.V. All rights reserved.
- Physics Letters A. Amsterdam: Elsevier B.V., v. 313, n. 3, p. 211-217, 2003.
- Elsevier B.V.
- Bose-Einstein condensation
- superfluid-insulator transition
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.