Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Bounds on direct couplings of superheavy metastable particles to the inflaton field from ultra high energy cosmic ray events
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP)
- Top-down models for the origin of ultra high energy cosmic rays (UHECR's) propose that these events are the decay products of relic superheavy metastable particles, usually called X particles. These particles can be produced in the reheating period following the inflationary epoch of the early Universe. We obtain constraints on some parameters such as the lifetime and direct couplings of the X-particle to the inflaton field from the requirement that they are responsible for the observed UHECR flux.
- Modern Physics Letters A. Singapore: World Scientific Publ Co Pte Ltd, v. 17, n. 33, p. 2179-2188, 2002.
- World Scientific Publ Co Pte Ltd
- high energy cosmic rays
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.