Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Mapping the Wigner distribution function of the Morse oscillator onto a semiclassical distribution function
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo (PUC-SP)
- The mapping of the Wigner distribution function (WDF) for a given bound state onto a semiclassical distribution function (SDF) satisfying the Liouville equation introduced previously by us is applied to the ground state of the Morse oscillator. The purpose of the present work is to obtain values of the potential parameters represented by the number of levels in the case of the Morse oscillator, for which the SDF becomes a faithful approximation of the corresponding WDF. We find that for a Morse oscillator with one level only, the agreement between the WDF and the mapped SDF is very poor but for a Morse oscillator of ten levels it becomes satisfactory. We also discuss the limit h --> 0 for fixed potential parameters.
- Journal of Physics A-mathematical and General. Bristol: Iop Publishing Ltd, v. 37, n. 11, p. 3687-3698, 2004.
- Iop Publishing Ltd
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.