Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Galilean covariant Lagrangian models
- Univ Alberta
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade de Brasília (UnB)
- We construct non-relativistic Lagrangian field models by enforcing Galilean covariance with a (4, 1) Minkowski manifold followed by a projection onto the (3, 1) Newtonian spacetime. We discuss scalar, Fermi and gauge fields, as well as interactions between these fields, preparing the stage for their quantization. We show that the Galilean covariant formalism provides an elegant construction of the Lagrangians which describe the electric and magnetic limits of Galilean electromagnetism. Similarly we obtain non-relativistic limits for the Proca field. Then we study Dirac Lagrangians and retrieve the Levy-Leblond wave equations when the Fermi field interacts with an Abelian gauge field.
- Journal of Physics A-mathematical and General. Bristol: Iop Publishing Ltd, v. 37, n. 41, p. 9771-9789, 2004.
- Iop Publishing Ltd
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.