Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Dissipationless shock waves in Bose-Einstein condensates with repulsive interaction between atoms
- Russian Acad Sci
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- We consider formation of dissipationless shock waves in Bose-Einstein condensates with repulsive interaction between atoms. It is shown that for big enough initial inhomogeneity of density, interplay of nonlinear and dispersion effects leads to wave breaking phenomenon followed by generation of a train of dark solitons. Analytical theory is confirmed by numerical simulations.
- Physical Review A. College Pk: American Physical Soc, v. 69, n. 6, 4 p., 2004.
- American Physical Soc
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.