Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Cosmic microwave background and large-scale structure constraints on a simple quintessential inflation model
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Fermilab Natl Accelerator Lab
- Univ Chicago
- We derive constraints on a simple quintessential inflation model, based on a spontaneously broken Phi(4) theory, imposed by the Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe three-year data (WMAP3) and by galaxy clustering results from the Sloan Digital Sky Survey (SDSS). We find that the scale of symmetry breaking must be larger than about 3 Planck masses in order for inflation to generate acceptable values of the scalar spectral index and of the tensor-to-scalar ratio. We also show that the resulting quintessence equation of state can evolve rapidly at recent times and hence can potentially be distinguished from a simple cosmological constant in this parameter regime.
- Physical Review D. College Pk: American Physical Soc, v. 75, n. 4, 5 p., 2007.
- American Physical Soc
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.