Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Squeezed fermions at relativistic heavy ion colliders
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Columbia University
- Large back-to-back correlations of observable fermion-anti-fermion pairs are predicted to appear, if the mass of the fermions is modified in a thermalized medium. The back-to-back correlations of protons and anti-protons are experimentally observable in ultra-relativistic heavy ion collisions, similarly to the Andreev reflection of elections off the boundary of a superconductor. While quantum statistics suppresses the probability of observing pairs of fermions with nearby momenta, the fermionic back-to-back correlations are positive and of similar strength to bosonic back-to-back correlations. (C) 2001 Elsevier B.V. B,V, All rights reserved.
- Physics Letters B. Amsterdam: Elsevier B.V., v. 512, n. 1-2, p. 49-56, 2001.
- Elsevier B.V.
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.