Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Quantization rules for bound states in quantum wells
- Universidade Federal de Pernambuco (UFPE)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- An algebraic reformulation of the Bohr-Sommerfeld (BS) quantization rule is suggested and applied to the study of bound states in one-dimensional quantum wells. The energies obtained with the present quantization rule are compared to those obtained with the usual BS and WKB quantization rules and with the exact solution of the Schrodinger equation. We find that, in diverse cases of physical interest in molecular physics, the present quantization rule not only yields a good approximation to the exact solution of the Schrodinger equation, but yields more precise energies than those obtained with the usual BS and/or WKB quantization rules. Among the examples considered numerically are the Poeschl-Teller potential and several anharmonic oscillator potentials. which simulate molecular vibrational spectra and the problem of an isolated quantum well structure subject to an external electric field.
- Journal of Physics B-atomic Molecular and Optical Physics. Bristol: Iop Publishing Ltd, v. 30, n. 24, p. 5987-5997, 1997.
- Iop Publishing Ltd
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.