Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- N=2 sigma models for Ramond-Ramond backgrounds
- Berkovits, N.
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Using the U(4) hybrid formalism, manifestly N = (2,2) worldsheet supersymmetric sigma models are constructed for the type-IIB superstring in Ramond-Ramond backgrounds. The Kahler potential in these N = 2 sigma models depends on four chiral and antichiral bosonic superfields and two chiral and antichiral fermionic superfields. When the Kahler potential is quadratic, the model is a free conformal field theory which describes a flat ten-dimensional target space with Ramond-Ramond flux and non-constant dilaton. For more general Kahler potentials, the model describes curved target spaces with Ramond-Ramond flux that are not plane-wave backgrounds. Ricci-flatness of the Kahler metric implies the on-shell conditions for the background up to the usual four-loop conformal anomaly.
- Journal of High Energy Physics. Trieste: Int School Advanced Studies, n. 10, 17 p., 2002.
- Int School Advanced Studies
- superstrings and heterotic strings
- Penrose limit and pp-wave background
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.