Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Superstrings in graviphoton background and N=1/2+3/2 supersymmetry
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Inst Adv Study
- Motivated by Ooguri and Vafa, we study superstrings in flat R-4 in a constant self-dual graviphoton background. The supergravity equations of motion are satisfied in this background which deforms the N = 2 d = 4 flat space super-Poincare algebra to another algebra with eight supercharges. A D-brane in this space preserves a quarter of the supercharges; i.e. N = 1/2 supersymmetry is realized linearly, and the remaining N = 3/2 supersymmetry is realized nonlinearly. The theory on the brane can be described as a theory in noncommutative superspace in which the chiral fermionic coordinates theta(alpha) of N = 1 d = 4 superspace are not Grassman variables but satisfy a Clifford algebra.
- Journal of High Energy Physics. Trieste: Int School Advanced Studies, n. 7, 10 p., 2003.
- Int School Advanced Studies
- superstrings and heterotic strings
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.