Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- A model for Hopfions on the space-time S(3)xR
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina (UFSC)
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- We construct static and time dependent exact soliton solutions for a theory of scalar fields taking values on a wide class of two dimensional target spaces, and defined on the four dimensional space-time S-3 X R. The construction is based on an ansatz built out of special coordinates on S3. The requirement for finite energy introduce boundary conditions that determine an infinite discrete spectrum of frequencies for the oscillating solutions. For the case where the target space is the sphere S-2, we obtain static soliton solutions with nontrivial Hopf topological charges. In addition, such Hopfions can oscillate in time, preserving their topological Hopf charge, with any of the frequencies belonging to that infinite discrete spectrum. (C) 2005 American Institute of Physics.
- Journal of Mathematical Physics. Melville: Amer Inst Physics, v. 46, n. 1, 10 p., 2005.
- American Institute of Physics (AIP)
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.