Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Dissipation-managed soliton in a quasi-one-dimensional Bose-Einstein condensate
- Adhikari, S. K.
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- We use the time-dependent mean-field Cross-Pitaevskii equation to study the formation of a dynamically-stabilized dissipation managed bright soliton in a quasi-one dimensional Bose-Einstein condensate (BEC). Because of three-body recombination of bosonic atoms to molecules, atoms are lost (dissipated) from a BEC. Such dissipation leads to the decay of a BEC soliton. We demonstrate by a perturbation procedure that an alimentation of atoms from an external source to the BEC may compensate for the dissipation loss and lead to a dynamically-stabilized soliton. The result of the analytical perturbation method is in excellent agreement with mean-field numerics. It seems possible to obtain such a dynamically stabilized BEC soliton without dissipation in laboratory.
- Laser Physics Letters. Bristol: Iop Publishing Ltd, v. 3, n. 11, p. 553-557, 2006.
- Iop Publishing Ltd
- dissipation-managed soliton
- Bose-Einstein condensate
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.