Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- The quadratic spinor Lagrangian, axial torsion current and generalizations
- Universidade Federal do ABC (UFABC)
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- We show that the Einstein-Hilbert, the Einstein-Palatini, and the Holst actions can be derived from the Quadratic Spinor Lagrangian (QSL), when the three classes of Dirac spinor fields, under Lounesto spinor field classification, are considered. To each one of these classes, there corresponds an unique kind of action for a covariant gravity theory. In other words, it is shown to exist a one-to-one correspondence between the three classes of non-equivalent solutions of the Dirac equation, and Einstein-Hilbert, Einstein-Palatini, and Holst actions. Furthermore, it arises naturally, from Lounesto spinor field classification, that any other class of spinor field-Weyl, Majorana, flagpole, or flag-dipole spinor fields-yields a trivial (zero) QSL, up to a boundary term. To investigate this boundary term, we do not impose any constraint on the Dirac spinor field, and consequently we obtain new terms in the boundary component of the QSL. In the particular case of a teleparallel connection, an axial torsion one-form current density is obtained. New terms are also obtained in the corresponding Hamiltonian formalism. We then discuss how these new terms could shed new light on more general investigations.
- International Journal of Modern Physics D. Singapore: World Scientific Publ Co Pte Ltd, v. 16, n. 10, p. 1653-1667, 2007.
- World Scientific Publ Co Pte Ltd
- quadratic spinor Lagrangian
- axial torsion
- spinor fields
- Holst action
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.