Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- s-wave approximation for asymmetry in nonmesonic decay of finite hypernuclei
- Natl Univ La Plata
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Consejo Nacl Invest Cient & Tecn
- We establish the bridge between the commonly used Nabetani-Ogaito-Sato-Kishimoto (NOSK) formula for the asymmetry parameter a(Lambda) in the Lambda p -> np emission of polarized hypernuclei, and the shell-model (SM) formalism for finite hypernuclei. We demonstrate that the s-wave approximation leads to a SM formula for a(Lambda) that is as simple as the NOSK one and that reproduces the exact results for (5)(Lambda)He and (12)(Lambda)C better than initially expected. The simplicity achieved here is indeed remarkable. The new formalism makes the theoretical evaluation of a(Lambda) more transparent and explains clearly why the one-meson exchange model is unable to account for the experimental data of (5)(Lambda)He.
- Physical Review C. College Pk: Amer Physical Soc, v. 76, n. 5, 8 p., 2007.
- Amer Physical Soc
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.