Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Using b-tagging to enhance the supersymmetry reach of the CERN Large Hadron Collider
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Univ Hawaii Manoa
- Assuming that supersymmetry is realized with parameters in the hyperbolic branch/focus point region of the minimal supergravity model, we show that by searching for multijet+E-T(miss) events with tagged b jets the reach of experiments at the LHC may be extended by as much as 20% from current projections. The reason for this is that gluino decays to third generation quarks are enhanced because the lightest neutralino has substantial Higgsino components. Although we were motivated to perform this analysis because the hyperbolic branch/focus point region is compatible with the recent determination of the relic density of cold dark matter, our considerations may well have a wider applicability since decays of gluinos to third generation quarks are favored in a wide variety of models.
- Physical Review D. College Pk: American Physical Soc, v. 72, n. 3, 7 p., 2005.
- American Physical Soc
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.