Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Quantizing a relativistic free-particle on the light front: some subtle aspects
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Univ Fed Itajuba
- Fdn Ensino & Pesquisa
- We use the light-front machinery to study the behavior of a relativistic free particle and obtain the quantum commutation relations from the classical Poisson brackets. We argue that their usual projection onto the light-front coordinates from the covariant commutation relations show that there is an inconsistency in the expected correlation between canonically conjugate variables time x(+) and energy p(-). This incompatibility between canonical conjugate variables in the light front is discussed in the context of Poisson brackets and a suggestion is made on how to avoid it.
- Canadian Journal of Physics. Ottawa: Natl Research Council Canada-n R C Research Press, v. 84, n. 9, p. 813-821, 2006.
- Natl Research Council Canada-n R C Research Press
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.