Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Renormalized new solutions for the massless Thirring model
- Casana, R.
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- We present a nonperturbative study of the (1 + 1)-dimensional massless Thirring model by using path integral methods. The regularization ambiguities - coming from the computation of the fermionic determinant - allow to find new solution types for the model. At quantum level the Ward identity for the 1PI 2-point function for the fermionic current separates such solutions in two phases or sectors, the first one has a local gauge symmetry that is implemented at quantum level and the other one without this symmetry. The symmetric phase is a new solution which is unrelated to the previous studies of the model and, in the nonsymmetric phase there are solutions that for some values of the ambiguity parameter are related to well-known solutions of the model. We construct the Schwinger-Dyson equations and the Ward identities. We make a detailed analysis of their UV divergence structure and, after, we perform a nonperturbative regularization and renormalization of the model.
- International Journal of Modern Physics A. Singapore: World Scientific Publ Co Pte Ltd, v. 20, n. 30, p. 7129-7151, 2005.
- World Scientific Publ Co Pte Ltd
- Theory of quantized fields
- gauge field theories
- symmetry and conservation laws
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.