Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- PRODUCTION of THERMAL PHOTONS IN VISCOUS FLUID DYNAMICS WITH TEMPERATURE-DEPENDENT SHEAR VISCOSITY
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- We compute the spectrum of thermal photons created in Au+Au collisions at root(NN)-N-s = 200 GeV, taking into account dissipative corrections in production processes corresponding to the quark-gluon plasma and hadronic phases. To describe the evolution of the fireball, we use a viscous fluid dynamic model with different parametrizat ions for the temperature-dependence of eta/s. We find that the spectrum significantly depends on the values of eta/s in the QGP phase, and is almost insensitive to the values in the hadronic phase. We also compare the influence of the temperature-dependence of eta/s on the spectrum of thermal photons to that of using different equations of state in the fluid dynamic simulations, finding that both effects are of the same order of magnitude.
- Modern Physics Letters A. Singapore: World Scientific Publ Co Pte Ltd, v. 27, n. 9, p. 12, 2012.
- World Scientific Publ Co Pte Ltd
- Relativistic viscous hydrodynamics
- thermal photons
- shear viscosity
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.