Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Confusing the extragalactic neutrino flux limit with a neutrino propagation limit
- Univ Nacl Autonoma Mexico
- Inst Politecn Nacl
- Universidade Federal do ABC (UFABC)
- Max Planck Inst Solar Syst Res
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Consejo Nacional de Ciencia y Tecnología (CONACYT)
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- CONACyT: 132197
- PAPIIT: IN117611-3
- We study the possible suppression of the extragalactic neutrino flux due to a nonstandard interaction during its propagation. In particular, we study neutrino interaction with an ultra-light scalar field dark matter. It is shown that the extragalactic neutrino flux may be suppressed by such an interaction, leading to a new mechanism to reduce the ultra-high energy neutrino flux. We study both the cases of non-self-conjugate as well as self-conjugate dark matter. In the first case, the suppression is independent of the neutrino and dark matter masses. We conclude that care must be taken when explaining limits on the neutrino flux through source acceleration mechanisms only, since there could be other mechanisms for the reduction of the neutrino flux.
- Journal of Cosmology and Astroparticle Physics. Bristol: Iop Publishing Ltd, n. 10, p. 13, 2011.
- Iop Publishing Ltd
- dark matter theory
- ultra high energy photons and neutrinos
- neutrino experiments
- ultra high energy cosmic rays
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.