Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Towards a worldsheet derivation of the Maldacena conjecture
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- A U(2,2 vertical bar 4)-invariant A-model constructed from fermionic superfields has recently been proposed as a sigma model for the superstring on AdS(5) X S(5). After explaining the relation of this A-model with the pure spinor formalism, the A-model action is expressed as a gauged linear sigma model. In the zero radius limit, the Coulomb branch of this sigma model is interpreted as D-brane holes which are related to gauge-invariant N = 4 d=4 super-Yang-Mills operators. As in the worldsheet derivation of open-closed duality for Chem-Simons theory, this construction may lead to a worldsheet derivation of the Maldacena conjecture. Intriguing connections to the twistorial formulation of N = 4 Yang-Mills are also noted. (Republished with permission of JHEP from JHEP 0803:031, 2008.)
- Ten Years of Ads/cft. Melville: Amer Inst Physics, v. 1031, p. 21-42, 2008.
- American Institute of Physics (AIP)
- AdS/CFT correspondence
- topological strings
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.