Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Localization of a dipolar Bose-Einstein condensate in a bichromatic optical lattice
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Bharathidasan Univ
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Department of Science and Technology (DST) - India
- By numerical simulation and variational analysis of the Gross-Pitaevskii equation we study the localization, with an exponential tail, of a dipolar Bose-Einstein condensate (DBEC) of Cr-52 atoms in a three-dimensional bichromatic optical lattice (OL) generated by two monochromatic OLs of incommensurate wavelengths along three orthogonal directions. For a fixed dipole-dipole interaction, a localized state of a small number of atoms (similar to 1000) could be obtained when the short-range interaction is not too attractive or not too repulsive. A phase diagram showing the region of stability of a DBEC with a short-range interaction and dipole-dipole interaction is given.
- Journal of Physics B-atomic Molecular and Optical Physics. Bristol: Iop Publishing Ltd, v. 43, n. 20, p. 8, 2010.
- Iop Publishing Ltd
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.