Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- BCS-BEC crossover in a trapped Fermi super-fluid using a density-functional equation
- Adhikari, Sadhan Kumar
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- We derive a generalized time-dependent Galilean-invariant density-functional (DF) equation appropriate to study the stationary and non-stationary properties of a trapped Fermi super-fluid in the Bardeen-Cooper-Schrieffer (BCS) to Bose-Einstein condensation (BEC) crossover. This equation is equivalent to a quantum hydrodynamical equation for a Fermi super-fluid. The bulk chemical potential of this equation has the proper (model-independent) dependence on the Fermi-Fermi scattering length in the BCS and BEC limits. We apply this DF equation to the study of the stationary density profile and size of a cigar-shaped Fermi super-fluid of Li-6 atoms, and the results are in good agreement with the experiment of Bartenstein et al in the BCS-BEC crossover. We also apply the DF equation to the study of axial and radial breathing oscillation and our results for these frequencies are in good agreement with experiments in the BCS-BEC crossover.
- Journal of Physics B-atomic Molecular and Optical Physics. Bristol: Iop Publishing Ltd, v. 43, n. 8, p. 7, 2010.
- Iop Publishing Ltd
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.