Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- de Sitter geodesics: reappraising the notion of motion
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- The de Sitter spacetime is transitive under a combination of translations and proper conformal transformations. Its usual family of geodesics, however, does not take into account this property. As a consequence, there are points in de Sitter spacetime which cannot be joined to each other by any one of these geodesics. By taking into account the appropriate transitivity properties in the variational principle, a new family of maximizing trajectories is obtained, whose members are able to connect any two points of the de Sitter spacetime. These geodesics introduce a new notion of motion, given by a combination of translations and proper conformal transformations, which may possibly become important at very-high energies, where conformal symmetry plays a significant role.
- General Relativity and Gravitation. New York: Springer/plenum Publishers, v. 44, n. 5, p. 1299-1308, 2012.
- Springer/plenum Publishers
- de Sitter spacetime
- Spacetime kinematics
- Special relativity
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.