Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Towards brane-antibrane inflation in type IIA: the holographic MQCD mode
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Tel Aviv Univ
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Israel Science Foundation
- German Israel Project Cooperation
- CNPq: 301219/2010-9
- ISF: 1468/06
- German Israel Project Cooperation: DIP H52
- We describe type IIA cosmological brane inflation scenarios based on the holographic MQCD model of Aharony et al . The scenarios can be related via T-duality to the type IIB KKLMMT model . They describe a probe brane configuration of p D4 branes stretching between an NS5 and NS5' branes in the holographic background of large N D4 branes. The resulting cosmological models have a Wick-rotated D4-brane metric, with transverse dimensions compactified, and a spiralling brane with flux p. In one model, the background has a small nonextremality, and the inflaton is provided by the position of a "sliding" D4-brane, and in the other, the background is supersymmetric, but with a sliding anti-D4-brane. We obtain good and generic inflationary models, though several unknowns remain, in particular about subleading corrections. The usual caveat of volume stabilization generically spoiling slow-roll still applies.
- Journal of High Energy Physics. New York: Springer, n. 2, p. 22, 2012.
- Cosmology of Theories beyond the SM
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.