Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- A spin Hamiltonian for non-relativistic electrons and their interaction with an external field
- Universidade Federal da Bahia (UFBA)
- Univ Alberta
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- We investigate the spin of the electron in a non-relativistic context by using the Galilean covariant Pauli-Dirac equation. From a non-relativistic Lagrangian density, we find an appropriate Dirac-like Hamiltonian in the momentum representation, which includes the spin operator in the Galilean covariant framework. Within this formalism, we show that the total angular momentum appears as a constant of motion. Additionally, we propose a non-minimal coupling that describes the Galilean interaction between an electron and the electromagnetic field. Thereby, we obtain, in a natural way, the Hamiltonian including all the essential interaction terms for the electron in a general vector field.
- Journal of Physics A-mathematical and Theoretical. Bristol: Iop Publishing Ltd, v. 43, n. 33, p. 10, 2010.
- Iop Publishing Ltd
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.