Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Gauge formulation for higher order gravity
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Univ Vale Rio Verde
- Inst Fomento & Coordenacao Ind
- This work is an application of the second order gauge theory for the Lorentz group, where a description of the gravitational interaction is obtained that includes derivatives of the curvature. We analyze the form of the second field strength, G=partial derivative F+fAF, in terms of geometrical variables. All possible independent Lagrangians constructed with quadratic contractions of F and quadratic contractions of G are analyzed. The equations of motion for a particular Lagrangian, which is analogous to Podolsky's term of his generalized electrodynamics, are calculated. The static isotropic solution in the linear approximation was found, exhibiting the regular Newtonian behavior at short distances as well as a meso-large distance modification.
- European Physical Journal C. New York: Springer, v. 53, n. 1, p. 99-108, 2008.
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.