Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- FROM DIRAC ACTION TO ELKO ACTION
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Federal do ABC (UFABC)
- A fundamental action, representing a mass dimension-transmuting operator between Dirac and ELKO spinor fields, is performed on the Dirac Lagrangian, in order to lead it into the ELKO Lagrangian. Such a dynamical transformation can be seen as a natural extension of the Standard Model that incorporates dark matter fields. The action of the mass dimension-transmuting operator on a Dirac spinor field, that de fines and introduces such a mapping, is shown to be a composition of the Dirac operator and the nonunitary transformation that maps Dirac spinor fields into ELKO spinor fields, de fined in J. Math. Phys. 4 8, 123517 (2007). This paper gives allowance for ELKO, as a candidate to describe dark matter, to be incorporated in the Standard Model. It is intended to present for the first time, up to our knowledge, the dynamical character of a mapping between Dirac and ELKO spinor fields, transmuting the mass dimension of spin one-half fermionic fields from 3/2 to 1 and from 1 to 3/2.
- International Journal of Modern Physics A. Singapore: World Scientific Publ Co Pte Ltd, v. 24, n. 16-17, p. 3227-3242, 2009.
- World Scientific Publ Co Pte Ltd
- ELKO spinor fields
- classical field theory
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.