Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Nonmesonic weak decay spectra of He-4(Lambda)
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Univ Nacl La Plata
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Kyoto Univ
- Consejo Nacl Invest Cient & Tecn
- Max Planck Inst Phys Komplexer Syst
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Científicas y Técnicas (CONICET)
- CONICET: PIP 6159
- To comprehend the recent Brookhaven National Laboratory experiment E788 on He-4(Lambda), we have outlined a simple theoretical framework. based on the independent-particle shell model, for the one-nucleon-induced nonmesonic weak decay spectra. Basically, the shapes of all the spectra are tailored by the kinematics of the corresponding phase space, depending very weakly on the dynamics, which is gauged here by the one-meson-exchange potential. In spite of the straightforwardness of the approach a good agreement with data is achieved. This might be an indication that the final-state-interactions and the two-nucleon induced processes are not very important in the decay of this hypernucleus. We have also found that the pi + K exchange potential with soft vertex-form-factor cutoffs (Lambda(pi) approximate to 0.7 GeV, Lambda(K) approximate to 0.9 GeV), is able to account simultaneously for the available experimental data related to Gamma(p) and Gamma(n) for H-4(Lambda), H-4(Lambda), and H-5(Lambda). (C) 2009 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Physics Letters B. Amsterdam: Elsevier B.V., v. 674, n. 2, p. 103-110, 2009.
- Elsevier B.V.
- Nonmesonic decay
- One-nucleon spectra
- Two-nucleon spectra
- One-meson-exchange model
- s-Shell hypernuclei
- Independent-particle shell model
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.