Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Geometrical properties of coupled oscillators at synchronization
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Ain Shams Univ
- Alkharj Univ
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- We study the synchronization of N nearest neighbors coupled oscillators in a ring. We derive an analytic form for the phase difference among neighboring oscillators which shows the dependency on the periodic boundary conditions. At synchronization, we find two distinct quantities which characterize four of the oscillators, two pairs of nearest neighbors, which are at the border of the clusters before total synchronization occurs. These oscillators are responsible for the saddle node bifurcation, of which only two of them have a phase-lock of phase difference equals +/- pi/2. Using these properties we build a technique based on geometric properties and numerical observations to arrive to an exact analytic expression for the coupling strength at full synchronization and determine the two oscillators that have a phase-lock condition of +/- pi/2. (C) 2011 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Communications In Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation. Amsterdam: Elsevier B.V., v. 16, n. 11, p. 4508-4513, 2011.
- Elsevier B.V.
- Nonlinear dynamics and chaos
- Coupled oscillators
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.