Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Towards a hybrid compactification with a scalar-tensor global cosmic string
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Federal Fluminense (UFF)
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- We derive a solution of the gravitational equations which leads to a braneworld scenario in six dimensions, using a global cosmic string solution in a low energy effective string theory framework. The final spacetime is composed by one warped brane with R((3,1)) x S(1) topology and a power law warp factor, and one non-compact extra dimension transverse to the brane; by looking at the current experimental bounds, we find a range of parameters in which, if the on-brane dimension has an acceptable size, it does not solve the hierarchy problem. In another example, this problem is smoothed by means of the Brans-Dicke parameter.
- Journal of Cosmology and Astroparticle Physics. Bristol: Iop Publishing Ltd, n. 9, p. 12, 2008.
- Iop Publishing Ltd
- string theory and cosmology
- cosmological applications of theories with extra dimensions
- cosmic strings
- domain walls
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.