Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- J/Psi mass shift in nuclear matter
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Univ Adelaide
- EBAC Theory Ctr
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- U.S. DOE
- Australian Research Council (ARC)
- U.S. DOE: DE-AC05-06OR23177
- ARC: Australian Laureate Fellowship
- The J/Psi mass shift in cold nuclear matter is computed using an effective Lagrangian approach. The mass shift is computed by evaluating D and D* meson loop contributions to the J/Psi self-energy employing medium-modified meson masses. The modification of the D and D* masses in nuclear matter is obtained using the quark-meson coupling model. The loop integrals are regularized with dipole form factors and the sensitivity of the results to the values of form-factor cutoff masses is investigated. The J/Psi mass shift arising from the modification of the D and D* loops at normal nuclear matter density is found to range from -16 MeV to -24 MeV under a wide variation of values of the cutoff masses. Experimental perspectives for the formation of a bound state of J/Psi to a nucleus are investigated. (c) 2011 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Physics Letters B. Amsterdam: Elsevier B.V., v. 697, n. 2, p. 136-141, 2011.
- Elsevier B.V.
- Mesons in nuclear matter
- Mesic nuclei
- Nuclear-bound quarkonium
- Charmed mesons
- Quark-meson coupling model
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.