Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Effective potential of two coupled binary matter wave bright solitons with spatially modulated nonlinearity
- Cheng, Yongshan
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Hubei Normal Univ
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Science and Technology Program of Education Department of Hubei Province, China
- FAPESP: 08/53979-6
- Science and Technology Program of Education Department of Hubei Province, China: D200722003
- The interaction of two coupled binary matter wave bright solitons is investigated by means of the variational approach in the presence of spatially varying nonlinearity. The effective potential characterizing the interaction between the two solitons is obtained. It is shown that the effective potential is composed of three parts, related to the spatially modulated nonlinearity, the external trapping potential and the interaction of the two coupled solitons. The spatially modulated nonlinearity induces a pseudo-potential and the solitons can be accelerated by the spatially modulated nonlinearity. The effect depends on the sign and value of the spatially modulated coefficient. The interaction of two coupled binary matter wave bright solitons is of short range, and may be attractive or repulsive depending on the sign of the interspecies interactions. Under the appropriate condition, the two coupled solitons can evolve stably and do not coalesce. The neighbouring binary Bose-Einstein condensates are also available as media to create symbiotic bright solitons. The validity of the theoretical predictions is verified by the numerical integration of the coupled Gross-Pitaevskii equations.
- Journal of Physics B-atomic Molecular and Optical Physics. Bristol: Iop Publishing Ltd, v. 42, n. 20, p. 8, 2009.
- Iop Publishing Ltd
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.