Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Superfluid Bose-Fermi mixture from weak coupling to unitarity
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Univ Padua
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Fondazione CARIPARO
- We investigate the zero-temperature properties of a superfluid Bose-Fermi mixture by introducing a set of coupled Galilei-invariant nonlinear Schrodinger equations valid from weak coupling to unitarity. The Bose dynamics is described by a Gross-Pitaevskii-type equation including beyond-mean-field corrections possessing the correct weak-coupling and unitarity limits. The dynamics of the two-component Fermi superfluid is described by a density-functional equation including beyond-mean-field terms with correct weak-coupling and unitarity limits. The present set of equations is equivalent to the equations of generalized superfluid hydrodynamics, which take into account also surface effects. The equations describe the mixture properly as the Bose-Bose repulsive (positive) and Fermi-Fermi attractive (negative) scattering lengths are varied from zero to infinity in the presence of a Bose-Fermi interaction. The present model is tested numerically as the Bose-Bose and Fermi-Fermi scattering lengths are varied over wide ranges covering the weak-coupling to unitarity transition.
- Physical Review A. College Pk: Amer Physical Soc, v. 78, n. 4, p. 10, 2008.
- Amer Physical Soc
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.