Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Universal behavior of a trapped Fermi superfluid in the BCS-unitarity crossover
- Adhikari, Sadhan Kumar
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Institute for Mathematical Sciences of National University of Singapore (IMSNUS)
- From an extensive calculation of static properties of a trapped Fermi superfluid at zero temperature using a density-functional formulation, we demonstrate a universal behavior of its observables, such as energy, chemical potential, radius, etc., over the crossover from the BCS limit to unitarity leading to scaling over many orders of magnitude in fermion number. This scaling allows us to predict the static properties of the system, with a large number (similar to 10(5)) of fermions, over the crossover with an error of 1%-2%, from the knowledge of those for a small number (similar to 10) of fermions.
- Physical Review A. College Pk: Amer Physical Soc, v. 79, n. 2, p. 5, 2009.
- Amer Physical Soc
- BCS theory
- density functional theory
- fermion systems
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.