Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Quantum mechanics versus equivalence principle
- Centro Brasileiro de Pesquisas Físicas (CBPF)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- We consider the scattering of a photon by a weak gravitational field, treated as an external field, up to second order of the perturbation expansion. The resulting cross section is energy dependent which indicates a violation of Galileo's equivalence principle (universality of free fall) and, consequently, of the classical equivalence principle. The deflection angle theta for a photon passing by the sun is evaluated afterward and the likelihood of detecting Delta theta/theta(E) theta-theta(E)/theta(E) (where theta(E) is the value predicted by Einstein's geometrical theory for the light bending) in the foreseeable future, is discussed.
- Physical Review D. College Pk: Amer Physical Soc, v. 78, n. 6, p. 6, 2008.
- Amer Physical Soc
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.