Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Notes on the two-brane model with variable tension
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Federal do ABC (UFABC)
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- CNPq: 472903/2008-0
- Motivated by possible extensions of the braneworld models with two branes, we investigate some consequences of a variable brane tension, using the well established results on consistency conditions. By a slight modification of the usual stress-tensor used in order to derive the braneworld sum rules, we find some important constraints obeyed by time-dependent brane tensions. In particular, it is shown that the tensions of two Randall-Sundrum-like branes obeying, at the same time, an Eoumltvoumls law, aggravate the fine-tuning problem. Also, it is shown that if the hidden brane tension obeys an Eoumltvoumls law, then the visible brane has a mixed behavior allowing a bouncinglike period at early times while it is dominated by an Eoumltvoumls law now. To finalize, we discuss some qualitative characteristics, which may arise in the scope of dynamical brane tensions, as anisotropic background and branons production.
- Physical Review D. College Pk: Amer Physical Soc, v. 80, n. 4, p. 7, 2009.
- Amer Physical Soc
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.