Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Soliton dynamics at an interface between a uniform medium and a nonlinear optical lattice
- Uzbek Acad Sci
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- We study trapping and propagation of a matter-wave soliton through the interface between uniform medium and a nonlinear optical lattice. Different regimes for transmission of a broad and a narrow solitons are investigated. Reflections and transmissions of solitons are predicted as a function of the lattice phase. The existence of a threshold in the amplitude of the nonlinear optical lattice, separating the transmission and reflection regimes, is verified. The localized nonlinear surface state, corresponding to the soliton trapped by the interface, is found. Variational approach predictions are confirmed by numerical simulations for the original Gross-Pitaevskii equation with nonlinear periodic potentials.
- Physical Review E. College Pk: Amer Physical Soc, v. 79, n. 5, p. 7, 2009.
- Amer Physical Soc
- Bose-Einstein condensation
- optical lattices
- optical solitons
- surface states
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.