Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Looking for a Matrix model for ABJM theory
- Univ Cape Town
- Natl Inst Theoret Phys NITheP
- Tokyo Inst Technol
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- National Research Foundation (NRF) of South Africa
- Encouraged by the recent construction of fuzzy sphere solutions in the Aharony, Bergman, Jafferis, and Maldacena (ABJM) theory, we re-analyze the latter from the perspective of a Matrix-like model. In particular, we argue that a vortex solution exhibits properties of a supergraviton, while a kink represents a 2-brane. Other solutions are also consistent with the Matrix-type interpretation. We study vortex scattering and compare with graviton scattering in the massive ABJM background, however our results are inconclusive. We speculate on how to extend our results to construct a Matrix theory of ABJM.
- Physical Review D. College Pk: Amer Physical Soc, v. 82, n. 8, p. 24, 2010.
- Amer Physical Soc
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.