Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Chaotic thermalization in Yang-Mills-Higgs theory on a spacial lattice
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Humboldt Univ
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG)
- FAPESP: 04/13405-0
- We analyze the Hamiltonian time evolution of classical SU(2) Yang-Mills-Higgs theory with a fundamental Higgs doublet on a spacial lattice. In particular, we study energy transfer and equilibration processes among the gauge and Higgs sectors, calculate the maximal Lyapunov exponents under randomized initial conditions in the weak-coupling regime, where one expects them to be related to the high-temperature plasmon damping rate, and investigate their energy and coupling dependence. We further examine finite-time and finite-size errors, study the impact of the Higgs fields on the instability of constant non-Abelian magnetic fields, and comment on the implications of our results for the thermalization properties of hot gauge fields in the presence of matter.
- Physical Review D. College Pk: Amer Physical Soc, v. 80, n. 2, p. 25, 2009.
- Amer Physical Soc
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.