Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Self-trapping of a Fermi superfluid in a double-well potential in the Bose-Einstein-condensate-unitarity crossover
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Rice University
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)National Science Foundation (NSF)Robert A. Welch Foundation
- Robert A. Welch Foundation: C-1669
- We derive a generalized Gross-Pitaevskii density-functional equation appropriate to study the Bose-Einstein condensate (BEC) of dimers formed of singlet spin-half Fermi pairs in the BEC-unitarity crossover while the dimer-dimer scattering length a changes from 0 to infinity. Using an effective one-dimensional form of this equation, we study the phenomenon of dynamical self-trapping of a cigar-shaped Fermi superfluid in the entire BEC-unitarity crossover in a double-well potential. A simple two-mode model is constructed to provide analytical insights. We also discuss the consequence of our study on the self-trapping of an atomic BEC in a double-well potential.
- Physical Review A. College Pk: Amer Physical Soc, v. 80, n. 6, p. 10, 2009.
- Amer Physical Soc
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.