Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Matter-wave localization in a random potential
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Hubei Normal Univ
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- By numerical and variational solutions of the Gross-Pitaevskii equation, we studied the localization of a noninteracting and weakly interacting Bose-Einstein condensate (BEC) in a disordered cold atom lattice and a speckle potential. In the case of a single BEC fragment, the variational analysis produced good results. For a weakly disordered potential, the localized BEC's are found to have an exponential tail as in the weak Anderson localization. We also investigated the expansion of a noninteracting BEC in these potentials. We find that the BEC will be locked in an appropriate localized state after an initial expansion and will execute breathing oscillation around a mean shape when a BEC at equilibrium in a harmonic trap is suddenly released into a disorder potential.
- Physical Review A. College Pk: Amer Physical Soc, v. 82, n. 1, p. 7, 2010.
- Amer Physical Soc
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.