Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Low-frequency absorption cross section of the electromagnetic waves for extreme Reissner-Nordstrom black holes in higher dimensions
- Fed Univ Para
- Univ York
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP)
- We investigate the low-frequency absorption cross section of the electromagnetic waves for extreme Reissner-Nordstrom black holes in higher dimensions. We first construct the exact solutions to the relevant wave equations in the zero-frequency limit. In most cases it is possible to use these solutions to find the transmission coefficients of partial waves in the low-frequency limit. We use these transmission coefficients to calculate the low-frequency absorption cross section in five and six spacetime dimensions. We find that this cross section is dominated by the modes with l = 2 in the spherical-harmonic expansion rather than those with l = 1, as might have been expected, because of the mixing between the electromagnetic and gravitational waves. We also find an upper limit for the low-frequency absorption cross section in dimensions higher than six.
- Physical Review D. College Pk: Amer Physical Soc, v. 82, n. 12, p. 8, 2010.
- Amer Physical Soc
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.